How It Works
Sweet Cheeks Diaper Ministry collects diapers and monetary donations to purchase diapers from people like you. We then partner with local social service providers to distribute those diapers to families in need. When families in need go to our partnering agencies for other services – maybe food for the family, job assistance, or child care – they can also receive the gift of your diaper donation.
1 in 3 American families struggle to provide enough diapers to keep their babies happy, healthy, and dry.
Did You Know?
- Lack of clean diapers disproportionately affects single family households and low income families.
- Memphis has a poverty rate of 28.3% and a child poverty rate of 44.3%.
- Federal programs such as SNAP (Food Stamps) and WIC do not provide access to diapers.
- Healthy infants can go through 10-12 diapers a day and toddlers can go through 6-8 training pants a day.
- Licensed daycare providers often require parents to supply diapers. An adequate supply of diapers can cost $150 or more per child per month. Without that childcare parents often can’t go to work or school.
- Babies cry more often when wearing a wet diaper, which greatly increases the chances of abuse.